Monday, March 3, 2008

Meet Bella

This is slightly late, cause i actually recieved it last monday, but here is my review of the lovely Jordana Paige Bella bag, which is probably one of the best knitting-related investments ive gotten in a while....


Here is Bella right out of the box








Luckily I did my homework before ordering, and came upon a blog where someone recieved a Bella and was so disappointed when they opened the box and saw it was flat with short handles that didnt stretch out; Jordana herself posted a reply saying she should put some weight in it and let the bag expand for a couple days, which seemed to do the trick....


therefore i wasnt concerned with its flat shipping appearance and immediately tossed a bunch of soup cans inside and hung it on the back of my door.....for about 20 minutes before i became impatient and decided that was good enough cause i wanted to use it, dammit!!

Here is Bella with all of my purse and knitting stuff inside, standing up:





and last but not least, an inside shot:




Since then I have crammed 2 socks in progress and a baby hat inside the knitting compartment, plus the usual random stuff into the purse area, with plenty of room to spare...I love this bag!!! The long handles are great cause it fits perfectly over your shoulder, the yarn guide loops are ingenious, and has actually helped me keep tension while i'm knitting b/c my bag is usually sitting on the floor with the yarn inside while i'm working, and in general it's very well made and should last me a while....

now i just need to resist the urge to buy another bag, specifically the deep red knitter's satchel, which was my second choice after Bella....must....resist.....

So if anyone out there reads this and is considering a Jordana Paige bag, I am SO happy with mine and highly recommend ordering one, you wont regret it!

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Hi there! You don't know me, I'm just another knitter :), but I wanted to leave you a comment and thank you for your review of Bella! Yesterday I began seriously thinking about purchasing it (I've wanted it for a while) and after a quick Google search I came across your review. Well, thanks, it sealed the deal! Now I just have to decide on a color! :D

Rachel said...

Hello! I'm so glad my review helped, its really a great bag....I'm happy w/ the black one, but I have heard nice things about the white as well, its supposed to be kind of a shimmery ivory color, sounds pretty....good luck with your decision, and I hope you like it as much as i do :)

Rebekah said...

Thanks for the reply! :) I ordered a black Bella yesterday. I can't wait for it to arrive!