Monday, February 18, 2008

I think I'm in love!!!

So my computer still doesnt like blogger, which is sad news for my resolution to post more....i'll try to do it whenever i can though....anyhoo...

I had a sudden burst of knitting motivation and finally FINALLY finished the harry potter mittens....and they do look quite nice if i do say so myself....i would post pictures but of course, blogger hates me.....and....i found ravelry...

A couple months ago I signed up for the Ravelry beta test wait list; ended up getting invited right after xmas but I just created a username and left, not bothering to explore around.....well the day after finishing the mittens I was feeling extremely unmotivated and uninterested at work and somehow ended up back on the site again...I looked around and came to the realization that this is kinda the best thing in the world for knitters....its like Facebook, except not evil and stalkerish and set up for people to fuck with each others minds (i'm not a fan, in case you couldnt tell), and it serves a useful purpose....

Now its ridiculously simple to keep track of all WIPs and finished projects, yarn stashes, needles, and even which books and magazines you have; all you need to do is click on the book in your "library" and it shows you every pattern inside, with examples of things made by other members...its BRILLIANT!!!

So I have definitely found a new online addiction, and this should get me more inspired to finish all my Christmas knitting that didnt end up happening (I'm so ashamed, foiled again!)....

Also, I finally put my xmas money to use and bought something really fabulous: a Jordana Paige knitting handbag....I got the Bella in black (what else; but it only came in black and white, so its not my fault!), and I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival cause its so pretty!! I'm already trying to justify buying a Satchel in this really cool dark sexy red, but alas I should probably wait until the first bag shows up....

I'm kinda doubting that anyone actually reads this except for me, but if you do, and youre on Ravelry, my name's Lightchick, look me up cause I don't have any friends yet! :)

No comments: