Thursday, February 21, 2008

Owww....

So I have found another fun wintertime hobby, its a little more active/potential injury causing than knitting, however.....I'm learning how to snowboard! Finally got past the point of spending 90% of the lesson on my ass (I'm down to about 15-20% ass time, which i think isn't too shabby for someone who hadn't been on a board in her life before Jan. 1).

Still though, it fucking hurts!! i'm starting to take some jumps and had a couple rough landings yesterday, several of which were on my knees, into packed snow/ice....wasn't too bad at the time but i woke up this morning and literally could not get out of bed on the first try. i just laid there staring at the ceiling going "damn, why didn't i learn how to do this 8 years ago, when i could beat myself up and be up and ready to go the next morning"....i feel old, dammit, not liking this one bit! lol...

Also, i got the most kickass pair of plaid snowboard pants a couple weeks ago; havent worn them yet but i love them so, and feel that i'm finally to the point where i can rock the plaid and not look like a complete tool...maybe someday i'll find someone to take a picture of me, to prove that i really am doing this...

And on the knitting front..... Ravelry has become a bad influence already, being that i've joined a "sock knitters anonymous" group and promptly decided to participate in their "sockdown" monthly knitting contest....as if i need anymore WIPs, huh.....but i love socks, so oh well...

I think i'm also gonna cast on the Hourglass Sweater once and for all, cause i want to be able to wear it before it gets to be spring...

Oh and i almost forgot---checked the tracking for Bella, it shipped on the 18th and should be here by monday!!! I'm so excited hehehe!! I'll post pictures/review whenever i get it, whee :)

No comments: